You are about to learn how to prepare for, receive and maintain the most natural and rich customized spray tan in the industry. Norvell products provide natural color results for any skin type. Norvell formulations offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural looking DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.NOT JUST A TAN! It’s a healthy skin treatment too!
Skin firming formula builds and restores the skins’ matrix reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The highly concentrated antioxidant blend aids in the reversal of daily skin damage. Guaranteed fast drying, non-sticky, streak-free formula.
NO “ORANGE” development & DHA NEGATIVE ODOR control!
Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous “just off the beach” color with proper maintenance. Even fading makes for complete customer satisfaction. Anyone can walk in and get and airbrush tan, but without the proper prep and post care your airbrush will not be as true a color & will not last as long.
Your Airbrush Tan should not be in any way restricting just follow these tips to keep your tan at its best.
Before Your Tan Prep
(24-48 HOURS BEFORE SESSION)
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY! This will remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
- Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, in shower moisturizers and DOVE products. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin and cause a blotchy tan.
- Shave or wax your legs before your tan.
The Day of Your Tan
- Remove make-up, moisturizer, perfume and deodorant before your application.
- It is recommended that you bring or wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Solution washes out of most clothing very easily, but can stain nylon and Lycra materials; therefore, dark colored underwear is recommended.
- A woman’s tan can be directly affected by her hormones and skin type. These are just things to consider when later reviewing the outcome of your spray tan.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours.
- All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 5 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Let your tan set for at least 8 hours (overnight if possible) before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
- The FULL darkness of the color will take 24 hours to produce. Waiting as close to those 24 hours as possible is best, but not required. 8-12 hours is good, 12-16 hours is better and 16–24 hours is best. If you feel this is too long then we do have an upgraded service where you can shower in as little as 1-3 hours and still get the best results for your color.
- When your chosen time is up you are going to do a warm water rinse ONLY! NO PRODUCTS USED DURING YOUR RINSE.
- Pat your skin dry after warm water shower.
- After the 24 hours you may take a “normal” spray tan shower
Normal Spray Tan Shower:
- Use mild products, apply soap in hand not on washcloth or sponge and no direct bar soap to skin.
- No exfoliation scrubs or sponges as they will take your tan away
- Use warm water not too hot as it will dry out your skin
- You may shave and shampoo
- Always pat dry, no rubbing
- Make sure to use a moisturizer after each shower to help extend your tan
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some color wash off. Don’t worry! This is completely normal…it is the cosmetic bronzer that is only the color guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. Your gorgeous tan lies beneath!
Maintaining Your Tan
- Moisturize regularly.
- Avoid long hot baths and showers, this will speed up exfoliation.
- Always pat your skin dry after a shower.
- Avoid swimming pools and salt water, as these can reduce your tan.